cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f469I-Disco: PA11 and PA12 not working for CAN1

NTriv.1
Associate

I am using STM32F469I-Disco board. Now, I am trying to use CAN1 and want to display messages on display using touchGFX. Now the main concern is, the only available CAN1 pins on this board are PA11 and PA12 and I tried and read that those pins are assigned for some USB purposes. So, now I am left with no options to assign CAN_Tx and CAN_Rx pins. I tried to change some of the already assigned pins by GUI, so that I can assign CAN1 pins on PB8 and PB9. But, as I am trying to edit a single thing on CubeMX, it gives 0 errors, 0 warnings but display stopped working. It seems like they don't want us to change a single thing in CubeMX. How can one make an application with much less available pins? In short, How can I make work PA11 and PA12 for CAN1? Please do reply if anyone has any small idea or solution. Thanks a lot in advance.

1 REPLY 1

>>Please do reply if anyone has any small idea or solution.

I should probably just ignore the post, but

PB8/PB9 are used as an I2C interface on the board, and connect to the touch controller.

PA11/PA12 are USB pins, connect too CN13/D5

CAN2 is exposed at the EXT header via PB5/PB13

See the schematic, addresses a couple of questions/issues posed.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..