cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32CubeMX 6.0.0 FreeRTOS Problem

Muhammed Güler
Senior II

Hello,

I updated to CubeMX 6.0.0 and CMSIS 5.7.0 today.

The code containing FreeRTOS and LwIP, which I previously created with CubeMX 5.6.1, is no longer working.

FreeRTOS gets stuck in vPortValidateInterruptPriority () function in port.c file in about 2 seconds.

I made the priority of my own cuts 5 because it says there is a problem with cuts. but it has not improved.

When I activated FreeRTOS before, interrupt priorities changed automatically. therefore I cannot be sure that all interrupts are at the right priority.

0693W000003BXLkQAO.png

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dub Bartolec
Associate III

Hi,

Looks like the problem we are having too. It is related to STM32Cube Version 6.0.0.0 not setting IRQ priorities when migrating projects and perhaps never setting them correctly (I have not tried to create new STM32 config with 6.0.0.0).

My issue is reported here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DhuWUSAZ/serious-bug-in-stm32cube-version-6000-when-migrating-projects

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dub Bartolec
Associate III

Hi,

Looks like the problem we are having too. It is related to STM32Cube Version 6.0.0.0 not setting IRQ priorities when migrating projects and perhaps never setting them correctly (I have not tried to create new STM32 config with 6.0.0.0).

My issue is reported here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DhuWUSAZ/serious-bug-in-stm32cube-version-6000-when-migrating-projects

Hello @Muhammed G�ler​ 

Thanks for the feedback, issue reported to the tool development team that will plan the correction.

Best regards,

Nesrine

Hello,

A new STM32CubeMX release will delivered to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Nesrine

JSoll.1
Associate II

It seems like this problem happens not only when migrating an old project but also when creating a new one from scratch. FreeRTOS simply doesn't boot.

Creating a barebones project using a STM32F407G-DISC1 board using FreeRTOS and just the default configuration and adding ONLY user code to switch on a LED simply doesn't work. The DefaultThread in the generated code just never starts.

Same attempt using CubeMX 5.6 works perfectly, so it seems like FreeRTOS support on CubeMX 6 is just broken, at least for STM32F40X processors.

This problem seems to be fixed in CubeMX 6.0.1

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Muhammed G�ler​ ,

STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 release solving this issue is available now , you can get it from ST website .

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are analyzing the issue to learn and improve our upcoming releases.

Best regards,

Houda

Dub Bartolec
Associate III

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ ,

Thanks for quick resolution of the issue.

Will check it out.

Regards

rudolf.pribis
Associate II

Dear all,

we are facing same issue (if I am not wrong) with STM32F769i-DISC1 with CubeMX 6.0.1, using MCU package 1.16.0.

We use LWIP layer with freeRTOS. This configuration was working before. I migrated it and it stopped to work. I recreate the project from scratch and it does not work neither.

Is there any workaround to make this thing work?

Thanks Rudo

Hi @rudolf.pribis​ 

Only way to answer this is to compare generated code before and after migration.

This is how I found out about what has changed.

If your original code was checked-in into GIT or some other version control system it will be easy to find out what is different.