cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 lowpower run mode comsuption

Staly.1
Associate III

debug a program in the sram, the current is 29 uA, how to down to 8uA or lower ?

i dont know how to disable flash/eeprom or other peripheral

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Staly.1
Associate III

hey , i try to powerdown the flash .it works and down to 10uA:D . thanks a lot

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

There are hundreds of "stm32" chips. Be more specific.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There are a lot of things to influence the current consumption of an STM32. Unfortunately you didn't mention, which of the more than 1000 derivatives you are working with. But it looks like a STM32L0/STM32L1, because these are the only families providing native EEPROM.

Did you already read the application notes like AN4445 (for STM32L0), AN3193 (for STM32L15x) or AN4621 (for STM32L4)?

Some more hints:

• disable the clock of all peripherals not being in use
  • use external crystal, as internal RC oscillators are drawing higher currents
  • always optimize code for speed
  • always use 32bit variables, even maybe only 8bit are used - it requires less statements to execute (=current)

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Staly.1
Associate III

hi TDK,

thank you for your reply, i used stm32l072rbt6

Staly.1
Associate III

hi Peter,

thanks a lot for your reply, i 'm using stm32L072rbt6, setting msi as system clock(65k). i try to clear the bit about peripherals clock ​,it seems no effects. could i try to make the flash or eeprom sleep or other methods

Staly.1
Associate III

hey , i try to powerdown the flash .it works and down to 10uA:D . thanks a lot