cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all, I would like to know how to design low voltage detection reset functionality in stm8afxx controller Regards, Shinde Umesh

Umesh Shinde
Associate II

I want to design low voltage detect functionality like if voltage goes to xx volts mcu should reset

5 REPLIES 5
Cristian Gyorgy
Senior III

Hi!

the good news is that you don't have to do much, just set your wanted threshold in BOR_TH bits and enable the BOR (BrownOut Reset) functionality. It's all implemented inside the chips already.

Cristian Gyorgy
Senior III

Ah, and you do that from the option bytes, in case it was not clear - see datasheet.

Microchip, and other, make cheap laser trimmed ICs that do this. Good solid predictable reset, save you a lot of support calls/costs on designs containing synchronous logic.

MCP120 http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/11184d.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello Mr. Cristian,

I am not able to find these BOR_TH bits and enable/disable functonality of BOR.

Can you please tell me from where it need to set.

Thanks and regards,

Shinde Umesh

Ah, now I see you talk about STM8AFxxx MCU, and these chips don't have an option byte to set the BOR level. It is fixed to 2.65V.

Yeah, different family, but BOR is still there and reliable, but not adjustable.