cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC in Hardware Layout

Anonymous
Associate II

I am going to use RTC in my application to generate time stamps. I am currently using Nucelo - L412KB evaluation module. Do I need to connect any pins or add any components? Where can I find this information?

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Anonymous​ ,

As a hardware setup, you may need to configure the time stamp pin to detect time stamp events and an LSE if an accurate timing is required, otherwise you may use the LSI as RTC clock source.

I recommend you to refer to AN4759: "Using the hardware real-time clock (RTC) and the tamper management unit (TAMP) with STM32 microcontrollers".

This application note describes the features of the RTC and how to configure it to implement several use cases: calendar, alarm, wakeup, timestamp, tamper detection, calibration.

It makes also reference to all RTC related examples available in the STM32Cube package. So for timestamp function, you can have a look to the example STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1\Projects\NUCLEO-L412RB-P\Examples\RTC\RTC_TimeStamp.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I only need to know if I have to make any changes in my Altium design at this point. I'm about to order my boards