cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I buy legit STM32-development boards? (Sloved)

MBaus.1
Associate

I'm a Power Engineering student, so my knowledge of this topic is quite limited.

But I have done some simple work with some Arduinos and my plan was to take it to the next level. The STM32! So I get an ST-Link V2, and a STM32f103C8 also known as a bluepill.

I soon figred that the chip was a counterfit and I coundn't use the STM32CubeIDE to program it.

So I looked for at legit one. But the only once I could find was not a development board, but just the chip- ifself.

I really want to get it to work, but I don't really have a lot of knowledge of this topic.

I have also looked at some ESP32-development board, but i decided to try out the STM32, because I don't really need Wifi.

So here I am! Any good places to maybe order legit chip on a board? Like a Bluepill? Maybe there's another board from ST, I may have overlooked? I don't really know where to go from here, as you might imagine, and I hope, at least, some of you have some good suggestions

Kind Regards Michelle

4 REPLIES 4

Try Mouser or DigiKey

Try ST NUCLEO, DISCO or EVAL series boards

Avoid eBay, AliExpress, and no-name brands from randoms..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nikita91
Lead II

For a genuine cheap board look at NUCLEO boards.

They comes vith an embedded STLINK-V2.1 probe, much more interesting than version 2.0: they manage a virtual COM port, very valuable for debugging.

You get the real schematics of the board, which is difficult with Chinese products.

I do not know of any counterfeit NUCLEO boards. So you can buy them on Ebay, Aliexpress ...

I use also a very cheap boards with STM32F411 from :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000084631884.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.57a73c00miZrPH&mp=1

AFAIK this F411 is not a fake (most F103 are fake). But there is no STLINK on board.

For a beginner, a ready to use NUCLEO board is ideal (only a USB cable to add). There is more than 40 models, choose the one you want.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards.html

S.Ma
Principal

to get started a nucleo 64 board is popular. stm32l4 would be mid range among portfolio. check the mcu finder app.

MBaus.1
Associate

Thanks so much all of you! Awesome community!