cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've downloaded a patch to STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.0. Now that it's downloaded, what should I do with it?

Tony902
Associate

Firstly, I downloaded STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.0 and, following the instructions in the documentation that came with it, extracted it to a folder. I presume that this is all I need to do to enable using within STM32CubeIDE - simply navigate from the IDE to this folder and pick the projects from there. (Not sure how to encourage the IDE to find libraries and headers from my folder though - is there any more to do?)

I read up on the STM32CubeUpdater but when run, this wants Java to be installed so I declined to do that.

Now I have the patch downloaded into its own folder. There is no documentation with it. I imagine it provides updates to some of the files in the FW folder, do I just copy and paste?

2 REPLIES 2
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi Tony902,

Yes, STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.0 contains a list of projects compatible for different IDEs including STM32CubeIDE. All you have to do is select the needed project within CubeIDE folder.

Now for the second part, what do you mean by the patch you downloaded? can you give me the name?

-Imen

Tony902
Associate

Hello Imen

Thanks for taking an interest in my question.

The patch is called Patch_CubeL0 and can be found at https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-mpu-packages/stm32cubel0.html, it's listed just above the main MCU package. The description for the patch is Patch V1.11.2 for STM32CubeL0 V1.11.0.

Many thanks

Tony