cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding power setup in STM32 Cube

JayDev
Senior II

Hello! I'm working with the P-Nucleo-WB55 development kit (STM32WB55 chip) and was trying to setup a project for my first time using STM32CubeIDE.

My application is going to want to start up, initialize the peripherals and sensors, then go to sleep and wait for an interrupt to wake it up. The initial setup has it powered up for 0.1 ms and then in "Stop 2" for 0.9 ms. From a power perspective, that makes sense but for just getting started, I'm concerned I might select the wrong settings and not be able to develop on this properly (in case my I2C signals can't be sent out before it goes to sleep mode, etc).

Is there a recommended setting for getting started (possibly being on all the time and then change to low power mode later on)? Is there a better way to set it up for my application?

I think I'm just a little bit intimidated by the power settings initially and don't want to cause issues with learning the project if I choose the wrong settings.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
berendi
Principal

Unless there is something new in CubeMX that I am not aware of, the power tab is for informational purposes only, it does not generate any code to switch power modes. If you need low power mode to save battery power, you must write code that does it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
berendi
Principal

Unless there is something new in CubeMX that I am not aware of, the power tab is for informational purposes only, it does not generate any code to switch power modes. If you need low power mode to save battery power, you must write code that does it.

Oh, that's great information to have and makes a lot more sense. Thanks for your help!