cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B Fast Transfer Mode

RZett.1
Associate

Hi!

I am part of a research project which utilizes the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and ST25R3911B-DISCO boards, as well as ST25DV04K chip, for exploring Fast Transfer Mode (FTM) and I am in urgent need for your help in order to being able to proceed. Unfortunately, neither was I able to find documentation about FTM and its respective SPI commands at the reader side, nor could I find anything about FTM in the STSW-ST25R002 sources. Nevertheless, in the ST25R3911B Discovery GUI, provided in STSW-ST25R001, FTM is implemented and it is working as intended. Even the search for the respective command codes for FTM Read Message Length (0xAB) and FTM Read Message (0xAC) ended in no results whatsoever.

I hope you can help me out and thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi

the ST25 Embedded NFC lib official package is now available. There should be no difference with the preliminary package sent by Ulysses.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

some tips and examples can, be found in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000004m5e4SAA/can-anyone-provide-an-example-of-api-rfalst25xvpollerreadmessage.

Note: a new SW package will be soon available on st.com (hopefully in the coming weeks). It will contain an FTM demo and a FTM API for reader and tag side. I will update this post when this package will be available. Let me know if you have an urgent need: I would then send you a preliminary package.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

For the ST25R3911B and its ST25 Tag Editor all the logic is handled inside the closed source of ST25 Tag Editor.

We are about to release the ST25 Embedded NFC lib which will also come with an example showcasing FTM mode of ST25DV.

For directly running this example you will need 2 x NUCLEO-L476 + X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 + X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1.

Does that sound the right thing for you? What is your schedule?

Regards, Ulysses

MThei.1
Associate

Hello,

that's exactly the task I'm trying to accomplish. We have 2xNucleo-F446RE + X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 + X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1

It would be great if you could provide the code for this application in advance. This task has to be solved urgently until next week, because it is a milestone in the project.

Thanks for the support

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi

the ST25 Embedded NFC lib official package is now available. There should be no difference with the preliminary package sent by Ulysses.

Rgds

BT