cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRa SX1261 Libary for direct communication (witchout LoraWAN)

MSimo.1
Associate II

Hey There,

Firstoff : i just started using the STM32 boards and my not know everything to expect me to..

Ive got two STM32L432KC boards and two SX1261 MB2 LoRa.Shields.

I want to implement a direct communication between them without any Gatewayas / LoraWAN.

Iam looking for a simple libary with i can include to my CubeIDE c/c++ project.

Everything i found looks way to complicated (at least i think that)..

i read alot about that I-Cube Lora expansion pack, but i dont think this is what i need, right?

Another thing i found is the sample code on Mbed.org for the SX1261 MB2BAS shield.

is that Mbed code supposed to import to a CubeIDE project? i cant compile that because some headers are missing ....

annother option is so "translate" a arduino libary into c/c++ ? i dont know if that makes sence or not ..

(i used that one on a arduino (also with that SX1216Mb2BAS shield : https://github.com/StuartsProjects/SX12XX-LoRa)

please tell me what you would focus on .. iam trying to not waste my time:)

thank you all

1 REPLY 1

>>Everything i found looks way to complicated (at least i think that)..

I know what you mean, most of this stuff was derived from the Semtech libraries.

The alternate approach, used on some 8-bit MCU, is to write a simple SPI register access layer, and then interact directly with a handful of registers, and the FIFO. Most of the initialization is one time blast of register setting.

You'd want to skim the reference manual and register settings, contrasting that with the active portions of the existing library code examples, and then refactor that down to the essence.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..