cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with CR95HF writing Proprietary data (NFC Type2A) NDEF Message

Mvon .2
Associate

I would like to write Proprietary data with the CR95HF to a NFC Type 2A TAG. To do so I use the "NFC Type 2A - NDEF Message user interface".

This is what i type in to the text field:

dc00030106123456

What I am expecting is, that the NDEF message is of type External with an ID = 0x06 of length 1 and 3 data bytes (0x12, 0x34, 0x56)

What I get is a NDEF Message with type External (OK) and 3 data bytes 0x12, 0x00, 0x00. It seems that only one data byte is written and the other two bytes are not written.

I tried also a NDEF message with 6 instead of 3 data bytes.

dc00060106123456ABCDEF

This worked as expected. But why not with 3 databytes? May be I have missed something and this is not allowed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you confirm you are using "CR95HF development software 2.3.1" and MB1054 CR95HF RF transceiver Demonstration Board?

If using CR95HF development software 2.3.1, it is possible to write any T2T block with given data (see ISO14443-A user Interface window). This can help to workaround your issue.

If using the MB1054 CR95HF RF transceiver Demonstration Board, you can also use the ST25PC-NFC software on Windows. It has some features to write memory from user input or from a bin file.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you confirm you are using "CR95HF development software 2.3.1" and MB1054 CR95HF RF transceiver Demonstration Board?

If using CR95HF development software 2.3.1, it is possible to write any T2T block with given data (see ISO14443-A user Interface window). This can help to workaround your issue.

If using the MB1054 CR95HF RF transceiver Demonstration Board, you can also use the ST25PC-NFC software on Windows. It has some features to write memory from user input or from a bin file.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Mvon .2
Associate

Hi Brian,

yes I can confirm using this software with MB1054B.

I've just tried it with the ST25PC-NFC software and this worked as expected.

Thank you!

Regards,

Marc