cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Motor Profiler on Custom board based on B-G431B-ESC1

alessandro239955_stm1
Associate III

Hi all,

I am designing a motor controller board based on the B-G431B-ESC1 board.

What are the requirements to be able to use the ST Motor Profiler on my custom board?

Let's make the assumption that I am using the same schematics (same parts as the B-G431B-ESC1 board) but different layout.

Is it sufficient to configure the board using the MotorControl Workbench 5.4.4 in order to be able to use the Motor Profiler?

Best,

Alessandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Claire O.
ST Employee

Hello Alessandro,

About your first question:

• yes, B-G431B-ESC1 is supported by the Motor Profiler delivered since last MCSDK5.4.4 and yes if your design is fully aligned with our board (pinout) the profiling should work exactly the same way.

About the second one:

• The profiler and MCWorkbench are 2 different tools. So no need to use the MC Workbench for the profiling phase.
  • In a second step, when the profiling phase is completed, parameters from the profiler will be used by the MC Workbench to configure your project.

Thanks and best ergards,

Claire

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Claire O.
ST Employee

Hello Alessandro,

About your first question:

• yes, B-G431B-ESC1 is supported by the Motor Profiler delivered since last MCSDK5.4.4 and yes if your design is fully aligned with our board (pinout) the profiling should work exactly the same way.

About the second one:

• The profiler and MCWorkbench are 2 different tools. So no need to use the MC Workbench for the profiling phase.
  • In a second step, when the profiling phase is completed, parameters from the profiler will be used by the MC Workbench to configure your project.

Thanks and best ergards,

Claire

alessandro239955_stm1
Associate III

Thank you for your response.

Is it possible to change the shunt resistor value? Assuming that the pinout of my custom board is the same, what happens if I change the shunt resistor? Is it possible to tell the profiler that a different shunt has been used?

Best,

Alessandro

Claire O.
ST Employee

Unfortunatly no Alessandro, you cannot change the shunt resistance value.

Then the gain of the power board will be then different than the gain configured inside the firmware, and it will not work anymore.

And there is no way to tell the profiler that the shunt changed.

Best regards,

Claire