cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSOX - Embedded functions & custom decision tree not working together?

ben_3.14159
Associate II

Hello all,

I am currently facing some challenges with the lsm6dsox. If I use the embedded functions (single tap, double tap, tilt, 6D orientation, free fall and even step count) they work just great by themselves.

If I now add custom code created with Unico for custom gestures I am not receiving any output from the decision tree. When I disable all embedded functions I can read the decision tree results just fine.

Does anyone have any idea if embedded functions and custom UCF can not be used together? Or do I miss a certain setting? I could not find any information within the datasheet/documentation or this forum.

Any information/feedback on this matter would be highly appreciated. =)

----

What I have tested so far:

• only embedded functions -> works great
  • only custom decision tree -> works great
  • embedded functions + custom decision tree -> it seems only embedded functions work but not all (no tilt detection) and not very reliable
  • setting the accelerometer/gyro to the same sample rate as the mlc -> no impact

• routing all embedded functions through INT1 and MLC output through INT2 and vice versa -> no impact
  • Routing Tilt recognition and MLC through INT2 and rest through INT1 -> no impact

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ben_3.14159​ , I'm trying to understand from our internal experts if there is a priority order in the interrupt generated by the different internal embedded features. You can for example set the OIS priority with the registers, but it is not explicit for the other interrupts. I'll try to keep you updated on this. Regards

ben_3.14159
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

thank you for the information and checking on this issue. Let me know if you need any more information from my side. Looking forward to any further update.

Best

Hello Eleon,

do you already have an update for me on this matter? Any response from your internal experts?

Thank you.

Best

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ben_3.14159​ , back from holyday now 😉 few other question about the issue you are facing: can you please share first the UCF files for the different scenarios you are testing? A direct check will help us to understand if everything as gone well during the embedded functions and custom UCF merging... Regards