cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SPIN3202 Over Current Fault

nmamore
Associate II

Hi All,

Using a 36V motor that is rated for peak of 20.5A. I always get an overcurrent fault on startup even though my current output is only 0.8A. Any guidance would be appreciated, and I am happy to provide more details if needed.

Thanks,

-Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Ok.

The comparator of the SPIN32F0A can be used in two different ways:

1. OCP when connected to the BKIN input of TIM1
  2. Current control when connected to the ETR input of the TIM1

I guess you need case 1, so the proper hardware configuration in your case is Jumper 3 closed in 2-3 position:

0693W000003BGViQAO.png

In this way you will sense the voltage on the shunt directly instead of the amplified value.

If this is already your configuration, please share some of your waveforms.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi Nick,

What is the contro algorithm? The STEVAL-SPIN3202 supports both FOC and 6STEP and the setup for the OCP changes according to the selected one.

Another question, what about the reference threshold of the comparator? STSPIN32F0A can select between different intervention values:

0693W000003BF6KQAW.png

Enrico

nmamore
Associate II

Hi Enrico,

I am attempting to use Hall Sensor control. I have tried all of the threshold values to no luck. I found that the signal that led into the comparator was very noisy and that seemed to be tripping the comparator.

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Ok.

The comparator of the SPIN32F0A can be used in two different ways:

1. OCP when connected to the BKIN input of TIM1
  2. Current control when connected to the ETR input of the TIM1

I guess you need case 1, so the proper hardware configuration in your case is Jumper 3 closed in 2-3 position:

0693W000003BGViQAO.png

In this way you will sense the voltage on the shunt directly instead of the amplified value.

If this is already your configuration, please share some of your waveforms.