NRosa.1
Associate II

I'm trying to build the standard st-image-weston image following this guide:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package

After starting the build with

bitbake st-image-weston

When it reaches around the 68% of the process I get the following error:

ERROR: tf-a-stm32mp-2.2.r1-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: tf-a-stm32mp-2.2.r1-r0 do_compile: Execution of '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/temp/run.do_compile.21431' failed with exit code 1:
make: Entering directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.21431
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function tfaconfig_env
| DEBUG: Python function tfaconfig_env finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| NOTE: make -j 4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi- DEBUG=1 LOG_LEVEL=40 PLAT=stm32mp1 ARCH=aarch32 ARM_ARCH_MAJOR=7 STM32MP_SDMMC=1 STM32MP_EMMC=1 STM32MP_SPI_NOR=1 STM32MP_RAW_NAND=1 STM32MP_SPI_NAND=1 -C /home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/git DTB_FILE_NAME=stm32mp157a-dk1.dtb BUILD_PLAT=/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/build/trusted AARCH32_SP=sp_min
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| make: Entering directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
| make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
| make: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Execution of '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/temp/run.do_compile.21431' failed with exit code 1:
| make: Entering directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
| make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
| make: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| 
ERROR: Task (/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-bsp/trusted-firmware-a/tf-a-stm32mp_2.2.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

I haven't added anything besides the cloned repository.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please try bitbake -c cleanall tf-a-stm32mp and relaunch.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @NRosa.1​ 

I notice you are using latest 5.4-Dunfell/V2.0 version.

Some extra package are requested compare to previous 4.19-Thud / V1.2 on Host side.

Please check carefully this section :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites#Install_extra_packages

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
NRosa.1
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ ,

I rechecked all of the additional software required and it appears to me that everything is already installed.

Could anything else be the cause of the error?

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi,

>> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

This is strange.

What is your configuration ( machine, distro ) ?

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
NRosa.1
Associate II

I'm using the standard configuration, that means DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1.

As for the OS for the compilation I'm using a Ubuntu 18.04.3 virtual machine using VirtualBox on a Windows 10 enviroment.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @NRosa.1​ 

you are working in a fully validated configuration/environment at our end.

Did you have a look to the mentionned log :

Logfile of failure stored in: /home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.21431

Does it contain useful info ?

Are you sure the error at do_compile is the first one ? do_fetch succeed ?

Can you make a try of :

bitbake tf-a-stm32mp

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
NRosa.1
Associate II

Good morning @Community member​ ,

The content of the log file is basically the same as the error message in the console, and it is the following

DEBUG: Executing python function tfaconfig_env
DEBUG: Python function tfaconfig_env finished
DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
NOTE: make -j 4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi- DEBUG=1 LOG_LEVEL=40 PLAT=stm32mp1 ARCH=aarch32 ARM_ARCH_MAJOR=7 STM32MP_SDMMC=1 STM32MP_EMMC=1 STM32MP_SPI_NOR=1 STM32MP_RAW_NAND=1 STM32MP_SPI_NAND=1 -C /home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/git DTB_FILE_NAME=stm32mp157a-dk1.dtb BUILD_PLAT=/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/build/trusted AARCH32_SP=sp_min
make: Entering directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
make: Leaving directory '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source'
ERROR: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: Execution of '/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp/2.2.r1-r0/temp/run.do_compile.2316' failed with exit code 1:

So unfortunately not very useful.

I suppose that do_fetch had succeeded, but right now it skips directly to do_compile so I'm not sure how can I verify that.

As you can imagine, trying to run bitbake tf-a-stm32mp results in the same exact error in the do_compile.

By the way thanks for all the help and the quick responses.

Noah

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @NRosa.1​ 

>> I suppose that do_fetch had succeeded, but right now it skips directly to do_compile so I'm not sure how can I verify that.

You should find tf-a sources in "/home/osboxes/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp1/tfa-source"

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Please try bitbake -c cleanall tf-a-stm32mp and relaunch.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
NRosa.1
Associate II

The folder is empty so it seems to have failed?

Is it possible that do_fetch and do_compile execute in the wrong order?