cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I write to the QSPI-connected NOR flash on the STM32F7508-DK using ST-link? Moreover, where is the base address of this flash specified?

GSpre.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

QUADSPI is located at 0x90000000 per the reference manual.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

QUADSPI is located at 0x90000000 per the reference manual.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Commercial tools provide algorithms to flash internal and external memories on standard boards.

ST-LINK Utilities and STM32 Cube Programmer provide External Loaders for the ST boards, the F750-DK being materially identical to the F746G-DISCO as I recall.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Example code for the QSPI is also provided as part of the BSP and components libraries.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Version 1.3.0 of STM32CubeIDE has support for QSPI flash for most (all?) Disco and Eval boards, too.

Thank you! I can't believe I missed that. Sorry to waste your time 🙂

I'm sorry, I don't use closed-source stuff like that. It also seems ridiculous to have to use a Windows GUI to write to the NOR flash of the device, when excellent cross-platform CLI tools exist for ST-link flashing.

Yeah, and those are great. But they're all examples of how to read/write to flash over QSPI at *run-time*, no?