cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L0 Eval board: DMA with 4 ADC channels not able to capture samples in sequencer mode

VPraj.2
Associate II

This is with reference to get your input regarding ADC channel reading in STM32L0 Evaluation board.

I am using 4 ADC channels being configured under DMA for one of our flagship program which is running very critical by considering high business volumes. As of now, I’ve configured STM32L0 Eval kit to use various ADCs and GPIOs. My issue is that under the ADC with DMA (Using ADC sequencer mode as per suggestion received from ST technical team - STM32L0 controller is able to perform single sample/hold at a time), I am getting some garbage ADC samples without any connections. As well, I am not able to get the ADC reading for 5V tolerant ADC pin (PA6 in STM32L0 eval kit). Please do reply ASAP since I am not able to conclude the test results. Later, I can share source files and configurations to check, if you want to do so.

Please note that, I have configured 4 ADC channels PA0, PA4, PA5 and PA6. Out of these 4 pins, PA6 pin 5V tolerant pin and I am not able to get any ADC data for all 5V tolerant pins within evaluation kit. Is it something MCU/Eval kit issue or do I need to configure something correctly?

Thanks in Advance!

1 REPLY 1
VPraj.2
Associate II

Hello, Would i get updates on this?

I could able to get inputs from ST community that, I/O usage for the five-volt ADC conversion is required to understand. It is for all the pins which is 5V tolerant and connected to get ADC samples. I need more input on this. i.e. What is the component level connection required (Schottky diodes, load resistors etc in diagram wise) to use 5V tolerant pins as a ADC.