cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rx timeout issue

jfazl.1
Associate II

Dear Support,

I'm using the SX1272 in lora mode in my application. I have both products that communicates together. They are configured in Rx single with a symbol timeout equal to 1000.

When no communication the rxtimeout is about 1023ms. But when the both products communicate together, the rx timeout is less than 100ms. I received a rx timeout even if a rx done is occured. When I receive a RXdone, I force the Sx1272 in sleep mode. I sent and receive message every 300ms, so I should not have rxtimeout.

Why a rx timeout is occured and why the timeout is less than 1000ms? I measured between the mode rx started and the rx timeout.

Please help me to understand this phenomen.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3

Not a specific condition I have encountered, and not clear what firmware version and modifications you have made.

You'll need to review the source identifying where the timeout is generated and make sure the timer is stopped or cleared in the normal reception case.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jfazl.1
Associate II

Thank you for your answer,

I used the V1.3.0 supplied by ST.

The timeout is generated by the SX1272 directly on the DO1 irq => Corresponding to RX timeout.

Do you have any idea why the RXtimeout doesn't match to the symbol timeout like described in the SX1272 datasheet?