Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware integration for qwerty keypad

KM L.1
Associate II

17 REPLIES 17
KM L.1
Associate II

I want to know how to make qwerty keypad to react to the hardware button.. please anyone support me ​

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Could you be more precise ?

You want to be able to type on a qwerty keyboard and what you write is displayed on the screen right ?

But what board are you using ? You want to plug a qwerty keyboard to your board ?

You can look at this documentation page as a start : https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/board-bring-up/example-gpio

Please provide more information.

/Alexandre

KM L.1
Associate II

Yes I'm able to type on qwerty keyboard with touch and its displaying on the screen.

As a start I went through that document also and I also integrated the physical button, now I am not getting how to make qwerty keyboard to react to the hardware button as i want to operate the qwerty keyboard using joystick buttons not with touch.

STM32H743I-eval board we are using.

KM L.1
Associate II

I'm not getting the logic to make qwerty keypad to react to those buttons.......

Using those buttons I wanted to type on the qwerty keyboard and need to display that.

Hello,

You will find examples available at this page. It will show you how to propagate the buttonController data to the GUI and use it.

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/ui-development/touchgfx-engine-features/backend-communication#from-gui-task

/Alexandre

KM L.1
Associate II

I already went through this and also I have created tasks and hardware button is working fine.

But help me to operate qwerty keyboard using buttons.

KM L.1
Associate II

I have written like this

KM L.1
Associate II

uint8_t msg = 0;

if (xQueueReceive(gui_msg_q, &msg, 0) == pdTRUE)

{

// Queue is used as a flag, so don't check msg.

// Full = PRESSED, Empty = Do nothing.

btnPressed();

}

#endif

}

KM L.1
Associate II

void MainView::getBuffer() // add

{

}

how to use the custom keyboard function over here to operate using button