cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 potentiometer control

RWago.1
Associate II

I see in the schematic the potentiometer is referenced on pin 25, however I only see the PWM firmware setup example. Can someone point me to the correct setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @RWago.1​ 

I understand your frustration.

In fact, you'll be happy to hear that we are planning to add an example based on B-G431B-ESC1 with a potentiometer control. This will likely be for the next SDK subversion, which will likely happen in the next month or so.

But I can neither guarantee that it will be in the next SDK subversion, nor guarantee that this SDK subversion will happen within the next month (although that is the plan for now).

We're just starting to work on this example, and that's why I asked you if you have made any progress on your side.

Just note that there are still two examples in the SDK with potentiometer control but for other boards. You can take a look at it (as I will).

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear RWago.1

Do you have still this problem to solve?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

RWago.1
Associate II

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately not. Even though other ST people thought it would be easy for me to cut & paste from other code it just didn't work out form me. I still wonder why none exists as an example that would be very helpful.

RWago.1
Associate II

Any hope from ST support on this?

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

​Dear RWago.1

Could you precise to me about what exact documentation it is?

Best Regards

Laurent C.

RWago.1
Associate II
  1. B-G431B-ESC eval board arrives with a potentiometer on the board to adjust the ESC/motor speed.
  2. After installation no example exists to exercise this feature described.
  3. ST support says it would be easy for me to do by pulling from other samples, however I tried and am not familiar enough with ST embedded systems.

I have asked as clearly as I can if someone at ST can provide a working source code/demo project example of it working so we could evaluate operation. I hope that makes sense.

--RW

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @RWago.1​ 

So far, I haven't heard of such an example using the potentiometer.

Have you made progress on your own?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @RWago.1​ 

As you do not answer, I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this thread closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

RWago.1
Associate II

Laurent,

I'm not sure how you grade customer support, but this thread has been extremely unproductive from the beginning with no solution in the end. Hopefully this thread helps put a process in place that cares about the products the company makes, so customers can be successful in using them. I thought the goal of support is to help sell a bunch of ST parts. It's seems this is not a priority within STMicroelectronics management.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @RWago.1​ 

I understand your frustration.

In fact, you'll be happy to hear that we are planning to add an example based on B-G431B-ESC1 with a potentiometer control. This will likely be for the next SDK subversion, which will likely happen in the next month or so.

But I can neither guarantee that it will be in the next SDK subversion, nor guarantee that this SDK subversion will happen within the next month (although that is the plan for now).

We're just starting to work on this example, and that's why I asked you if you have made any progress on your side.

Just note that there are still two examples in the SDK with potentiometer control but for other boards. You can take a look at it (as I will).

Best regards

Laurent Ca...