cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my CubeIDE setting changes to default when I switch between workspaces, and how to fix it?

JBazm.1
Associate III

Hi

when I open a new workspace my cube ide setting changes to default, my theme changes to default (white) and all the modification have gone for the new workspace, how can I fix it?

Best Regards and Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

That's by design, I think. Two ideas:

• don't switch the workspace so often. You can have many (unrelated) projects in the same workspace
  • in the preferences window, there are two export ans import buttons near the lower left corner. Export form your favorite workspace and import to other.

thank you

it's ridiculous, i don't know why they bothered to put this "workspace" feature in the IDE when it can't even hold your data, it's like one of those gimmick features😂

they should fix this issue(ASAP) in my humble opinion.

because if you wanna go back to default in the new workspace you just go to preferences and click on some "default" buttons, and that's it, but if you're trying to change the default to custom workspace, that's gonna take a couple of hours at least. (good luck)

Because this "workspace feature" is plain Eclipse. It comes with any Eclipse.

IIRC some Eclipse versions offered to copy settings from existing workspace when you create a new workspace, but later they removed this.

May be it hasn't proved useful.

-- pa

PR.10
Associate III

There are some eclipse plugins that can synchronize setting for teams. They can be used to sync between workspaces as well. It was quite complicated to set up though.