cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make: *** [Src/subdir.mk:64: Src/main.o] Error 1 - I'm complete newbie to STM32CubeIDE or Eclipse

CSand
Associate III

Hi,

I have this error around since few days. I tried find some answers on forums but not been able to fix it.

When I build my project I get this error:

make: *** [Src/subdir.mk:64: Src/main.o] Error 1

followed by

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I am using STM32F103C8T, I reinstalled latest STM32CubeIDE and firmware package from ST site.

My project has been created some time ago on a different computer with different project folder location - not sure this is relevant.

Could anyone support fix this error please?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

I feel like there should be additional error output. Eclipse is pretty verbose with errors.

> My project has been created some time ago on a different computer with different project folder location

Almost certainly this is the issue. See if a new project compiles.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
hansd56
Senior II

You have to give more information. How did you build the project before? How did you setup the project in Eclipse (CubeIDE)?

CSand
Associate III

The project is build using CubeIDE, I attached the project as I am not sure what additional information I should provide.

There were no files in CMSIS and the HAL drivers. I put in the latest version (1.8) but it errors now. If you used an older HAL version try this. See if you can resolve it now.
Also follow this guy. Even so he uses MCUXpresso it is still relevant to any Eclipse <> Eclipse Gems, Tips & Tricks: Faster Debugger Start
CSand
Associate III

Thanks for the help. I'll check and try to understand where was my mistake.

Sorry, can you please tell where can I download files you put? I can't find any donloadable link in your message.

hansd56
Senior II

STM32CubeIDE Help->Manage embedded software packages. There you can select and download any STM32Cube Packages and examples. Then just look where your packages are and copy missing files.

CSand
Associate III

Thanks, done that and now works fine. Also during this search and tests I've make my understanding on how to start a new project.