cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK not listed Device Manager

DWest.1
Associate II

I have a NUCELO-L433RC-P dev board that was working fine for several days but is no longer visible in Win 10 Device Manager. STLinkUpgrade and STM32CubeProgrammer do not find my ST-LINK. STM32CubeIDE gives the error "Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: ST-LINK DLL error."

Connecting the dev board to a second pc, and everything appears normal. I did a full chip erase from STM32CubeProgrammer without issue.

Back on my primary PC, I checked the Win10 Restore Points and found no changes in the past 7 days. I tried multiple cables and multiple USB ports with no change.

When I plug the dev board into my primary PC, the LD1 light slow blinks red. If I unplug and re-plug a few times, I can get LD1 to fast blink red but the ST-LINK never mounts. While plugging/unplugging the USB, Windows10 never makes the "beep boop" sounds that it should when connecting USB devices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Do other devices work on that port? Did you reboot? Try using a different cable? Try using a different port?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Do other devices work on that port? Did you reboot? Try using a different cable? Try using a different port?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
DWest.1
Associate II

Amazingly enough. A PC restart is exactly what I needed. Thanks.