cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading USB flash drive on Nucelo-H743ZI2

JZhan.9
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to read a USB flash drive via USB OTG function on a Nucleo-H743ZI2 board.

I am using STM32CubeIDE to generate most of the code automatically and following the example of FatFS_uSD_Standalone comes with the STM32 firmware. The example was reading a micro SD card and I run into some FR_DISK_ERR when using it on USB flash drive.

Setup:

Nucleo-H743ZI2 board

USB 2.0 OTG adapter

USB 2.0 flash drive, 3.72 GB, FAT32

Configuration for .ioc file:

Connectivity: USB_OTG_FS -> Mode: Host_Only, Activate VBUS: VBUS sensing, Activate_SOF

Middleware -> USB_Host -> Class for FS IP: Mass Storage Host Class, Drive_VBUS_FS: GPIOOutput PE1[LD2[Yellow LED]]

Middleware -> FATFS -> USB Disk

480MHz CPU clocks, other clocks are calculated automatically

All others are initialized as default

Problem description:

MX_FATFS_Init(),MX_USB_HOST_Init() and MX_USB_HOST_Process() are generated automatically.

After that f_mount(&USBHFatFS, (TCHAR const*)USBHPath, 0) return FR_OK

f_open(&MyFile, "STM32.TXT", FA_CREATE_ALWAYS | FA_WRITE) return FR_DISK_ERR

Since I get the same return value even without plugging in USB flash drive, I suspect it did not actually see my flash drive. My flash drive lights up, which means power is on.

Please let me know what I missed here. I have attached my complete code and a screenshot of main program as well.

Thank you very much!

0693W000001sxdYQAQ.png0693W000001sxeWQAQ.jpg

0 REPLIES 0