cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write a custom package for CubeMX?

NGe.1
Associate II

Hi, I have written a custom driver for Modbus protocol and I want to share it with others, I think CubeMX is the most convenient way to share it.

I found that CubeMx does use .pdsc files to install packages, and I have written a simple .pdsc file to test. However, after searching the installation directory: "...\Repository\Packs", I found that the package rules are more complicated than simple .pdsc files. 

For example, this file:  STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-AI.5.1.2_Modes.xml , defined how to show and modify Configuration in CubeMX. And I could not find the rule of how to write it.

So, I'd like to konw that how to write a custom CubeMX package, is there any guide for it ? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reading.

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @NGe.1​ ,

Just stay tuned! An answer to what you look for will be available soon 🙂

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, ​I am looking forward to it

Hi @NGe.1​ ,

STM32CubeMX 6.0.0 is finally available: https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html.

Thanks to its new component STM32PackCreator, you will be able to build your own enhanced STM32Cube Expansion Packages.

Have a look to the UM2739: "How to create a software pack enhanced for STM32CubeMX using STM32 pack creator tool" for details.

Enjoy this new feature and keep us informed on how it is going.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.