cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy portability across different MCU families thanks to STM32Cube for X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2

UTANG.1
Associate II

Hello everyone,

There is something I never understand about this type of project. In the project datasheet (X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1) as well as in many other projects I see this.

0693W000001sMAoQAM.png

Easy portablility across different MCU families ? What does that mean exactly ? stmh7 is included?

Or is it just about the nuclear maps listed at the bottom of the picture?

These libraries (CCA02M1_AUDIO_H + CCA02M1_AUDIO_C) from the project (X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1) are they usable for an stmh7 map? how to adapt them (if possible).

If I create a project with cubeMX with an h7 nucleo and I add these libraries and update the peripherals it will work or the librairies provided is only included for some specific MCU?

U.TANG

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @UTANG.1​ , after an internal alignment with our experts on this topic, I can say that you should tale into account 3 fundamental parts:

• Audio libraries (beamforming, etc...): in the Firmware FP you are referring these libraries are already compiled both for the M4 core and the M7 core, and for this reason they will run also on H7 uC (but please note that some H7 device are equipped by 2 cores M4 + M7…);
  • Boards drivers: there are no specific driver for NucleoH7 boards, but they should be easily portable taking as reference the existing drivers of the board-related FW function packs (X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 e X-CUBE-SOUNDTER1)
  • Application level: once you have the proper drivers, the application should be independent from the uC, except from the case of some specific functionalities of the H7 devices, not present on the F4 family (for example, specific cache that increases the performance)

Please note that some H7 devices has the DFSDM peripheral / signal processing, to acquire and decimates mic PDM HW level, but other uC of the same famili don't have it…

Regards

Ps: Just to inform you that X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 v5.4.0 has just been published on st.com:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-memsmic1.html

The new example called HP_Microphones_Streaming for NUCLEO-F401 and NUCLEO-F746 is available, to support the MP23DB01HP microphone.

Regards

hi @Eleon BORLINI​  Thank you for your response,

So if I understood correctly, I can use the drivers CCA02M1_AUDIO_H + CCA02M1_AUDIO_C for (X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1) and CCA01M1_AUDIO_H + CCA01M1_AUDIO_C for (X-CUBE-SOUNDTER1) for my stmh7 card by updating only the peripherals configuration.

When you say: there are no specific driver for NucleoH7 boards, but they should be easily portable taking as reference the existing drivers of the board-related FW function packs (X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 e X-CUBE-SOUNDTER1)

Can you explain in more detail how to proceed? What changes need to be made?

Regards

Hi @UTANG.1​ , you are right for the first part of your comment. For the second part, you should contact the OLS support, or a sales and representatives contact from your area (because it includes the share of LUA subjected libraries). You can find the link HERE. Regards