cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ı am having trouble about OPR_MODE while using bno055 with stm32f4

MDoğr.1
Associate II

I can't read value from bno055. I am not sure but problem can be about OPR_MODE register. In datasheet p21 Config mode's value shown as xxxx0000b and in p22 config mode shown as default mode after power on. But when I go to p50 OPR_MODE register's default value shown as 0x1c. If all of this informations true I think xxxx0000b is not equal to 0x00 when sending it with i2c. Please help me :sad_but_relieved_face:

0693W000001spQWQAY.png0693W000001spQgQAI.png0693W000001spQMQAY.pnghttps://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/BST_BNO055_DS000_12.pdf

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Mehveş Zehra Doğruel​ , it doesn't work because it's a bosch sensor :D I'm joking, of course... If not already done, I suggest you to check the ID register (CHIP_ID 00h, default value 0Ah), in order to validate that your I2C communication is stable and ok. If it is ok, you can then configure the sensor and check the output registers. If everything works, it should be an error related to the OPR_MODE register section of the datasheet: the only 4 important bit for the external user are the Operation mode <3:0> and from Table 3-5 it seems that the default value is xxxx0000b. You can check if you can r/w this register. Regards

Thank you for your answer 😊. Distressfully I can't read 00 register. It don't returns any value but sensor is working when I use it with arduino. There will be some strange issues but I don't know.:(

Thank you for your answer 😊. Distressfully I can't read 00 register. It don't returns any value but sensor is working when I use it with arduino. There will be some strange issues but I don't know.:(