cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The output bin/hex file contains full paths to source files. How to disable this behavior?

AB1.1
Associate II

Hello. I am using TouchGFX 4.10 for GUI and my app code is managed by System Workbench for STM32 (AC6 tools). It seems GFX generates file names in output hex/bin files and I can`t get rid of it. In both STM32 HAL and STD drivers there is an option like USE_FULL_ASSERT, and it works, but it seems that GFX uses some buil-in methods to tell the compiler to insert those fat strings into hex outputs. Project configuration - release.

Any ideas how to disable assert functionality in GFX?

6 REPLIES 6
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

What is your status ?

If you switch to TouchGFX 4.14 do you have the same issue ?

/Alexandre

AB1.1
Associate II

Hello, Alexandre

Still looking for solution - should this help, moving to 4.14? Frankly speaking, I feel bit nervous with updates of working tool on active project.. Is it documented somehow somewhere?

AHugh.3
Associate II

Hello, 

Was there ever a solution to this? We are experiencing the same issue where the touchGFX library is puling full paths into the final binary. We are using TouchGFX 4.20.

AHugh.3
Associate II

Any update? Thanks

Bob S
Principal

Wow - nothing like reviving a 3 year old zombie thread.

Disclaimer: I have zero experience with touchGFX.  That said my guess would be ASSERT macros or something like that in the source.  The standard ASSERT macro prints the file name and line number.  If that is the case you can re-define the ASSERT macro.

Or, add a post-build step that searches the binary image and replaces your (presumably) sensitive path strings with "XXXX" (or something harmless).

AHugh.3
Associate II

Thanks Bob S. I'm also pretty sure that it is an ASSERT in the touchGFX library, as I can see the filenames in the compiled bin file. In our own application code we have a precompiler tag between Release and Debug images that disables the assert.

Problem is that touchGFX generates a compiled library called touchgfx_core.a (I'm using IAR). And now by magic it looks like I'm on to the resolution (after googling touchgfx_core.a)... There appears to be a "touchGFX_core_release.a" in the same directory, just need to find out why IAR pulled in the debug version by default!