cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I canceled the jtag pins in my project. Currently, how can I install the software on the card with the ST's bootloader. How should I go about this?

DeveloperMan
Associate III

15 REPLIES 15

Review Application Note AN2606​ in the context of your selected part.

P​ull BOOT0 High across a reset to start the ROM based System Loader.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DeveloperMan
Associate III

Should we do this hardware or software?

S.Ma
Principal

hardware. you will do a system boot with debug interface if not protected.

DeveloperMan
Associate III

Are we going to access uart with Flash Loader Demonstrator?

If that's the interface you've exposed, support in Flash Loader Demonstrator will depend on the STM32 involved, but you could also use the UART/COM port functionality of STM32 Cube Programmer tool.

Or implement the underlying protocol on your platform of choice

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/cd00264342-usart-protocol-used-in-the-stm32-bootloader-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Sorry your posting lacks a lot in usable context.

Your board? Some standard board where pulling BOOT0 High would stop your "project" from "cancelling" or otherwise disabling the pins/interface?

The STM32 Cube Programmer supports JTAG/SWD connectivity via an ST-LINK, but also DFU via USB, and UART via COM port.

DeveloperMan
Associate III

I have to do the operations you mentioned via the usart link on the card. For this, I need to add the new .hex or .bin file via cubemx or flashloader by adding it to the software.

Ok, so with your hardware situation poorly defined​ still it is hard to know how to proceed.

If the only access to your board is a supported UART, you should reset with BOOT0 being High.

Use STM32 Cube Programmer to write the .HEX you've built in your IDE. Connect via the COM port associated with the UART on the board.​

When I pulled the boot0 pin to high, the processor never got up. What could be causing this?For a Boot pin that is connected to the processor with a resistor, I removed the resistor and pulled it high. There was a problem.