cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I draw a custom line in touchGFX ?

MNapi
Senior II

I want to put some code ( in the Code box in touchGFX, execute C++ code) to execute when button is clicked. I see some codes around but nothing seems to be working.

I want to get data fro ADC and draw a graph.

So my question is:

is there a proper code to draw a line from point A to point B ?

4 REPLIES 4
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

When it comes to graph, you can have a look at the TouchGFX Demo 1 available on TouchGFX Designer. A graph is implemented in it so you can refer to this code to create your own if you want.

Also a graph widget (probably available on the Designer) is planned to be implemented for people to use it more easily. However I cannot tell exactly when it is going to be completed. All I know is that it should be out this year.

/Alexandre

Alexandre there are 45 000 St emplyee, I wonder who are you main customers. We are a small company we do not have resources to get a team to work only on your controllers. The last guy we tried to hire told us that he needs to study for a month the 1500 page manual to do just ADC.

I learnt from a guy on YouTube the ADC code in 30 min like everything else about STM32

It is for you guys like 15-30 min to do a few video tutorial how to do some simple projects. There a lot of people here asking for a simple questions how to do simple project to learn the code.

I think I got almost everything for my project except the graph. And everything I have learnt from other people on YouTube. Your promotion material says that it is very easy to implement your controllers.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Making YouTube videos is a good idea in itself that is known in the team.

We might be a lot of employees in ST worldwide, but we are only a dozen in TouchGFX and we have indeed many customers which takes time to support.

For us the TouchGFX team, the forum is a way to try helping everyone that wants to use TouchGFX. However, once again, we are not many people and helping + developing new features + fixing bugs + supporting big customers + creating code for each board is very complicated and time-consuming. So sometimes tasks are postponed or set aside for a while.

But again your idea is interesting and matches the current era where YouTube is a wonderful tutorial platform.

Regarding the graph feature, a graph is a high-level widget that requires skills to create. Someone who does not know enough TouchGFX and C++ can be in difficulty. But that is an inevitable drawback for the moment. Someone that does not know graphics will not be able to create very complex widgets and a graph is one of them. Doing graphics is different from implementing controllers .

/Alexandre

Alexandre! You can see that people asking simple questions how to start simple project, good video tutorials how to write codes for simple projects would help a lot.

My company does not have time and resources to study the code, we would like to have something done fast. As a result we have to try maybe ardunio which is very easy to program despite this F469 discovery being very good board.

TouchGFX allows putting very interesting graphics very easy but if you cannot process received data and display as numbers and graphs it has very limited use as industrial controller.