cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Repository path in CubeIDE?

JBazm.1
Associate III

Hello community, I have a problem with new project creation, whenever I want to create a new project I come across this error: create minimal project failure: cannot read template source. reason: internal error

i know the problem which is having a space in my user folder name which i don't wanna change because it might mess my registry files.

so i'd like change the repository location to another place if it's possible.

thank you for having me.

12 REPLIES 12
TDK
Guru

In STM32CubeMX, you can navigate to Help -> Updater Settings to change the repository directory. I don't know if this will carry over to STM32CubeIDE, but it may.

0693W000001shU1QAI.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JBazm.1
Associate III

thanks

I changed that but it did't help

i find a way to change "Firmware package repository" in CubeIDE when creating project and still nothing

0693W000001shUfQAI.png

I'm getting mad, it's been 4 days i'm dealing with this thing, i don't know what to do...

and another thing: when i switch my workspace my theme returns to default mode(light), WHY?

JBazm.1
Associate III

another thing: when i'm trying to create the project from standalone CubeMX, this error pops up, thank you very much!

0693W000001shVJQAY.png

and I have installed the CubeIDE!

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong...

GammaSigma
Associate III

Very late answer (sorry about that), but it might be helpful for future readers.

In STM32CubeIDE, look at the menu bar at the top, and go to Window, Preferences, STM32Cube, Firmware Updater. In the upper portion of the window you should find a field named Firmware installation repository.

MSchr.5
Associate

@GammaSigma​ 

Thank you very much for these hidden Menuentry. On my company I have only a small amount of personel data space for my User Account because of Online Storage for these Account's. Now I can move these large files to my Harddisk.

Great

Glad to be of service.

This is the correct answer. Thank you very much!

You are welcome.

Also for some reason you need to restart STM32CubeIde for this change to take effect