cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO board/ST-Link not detected on Windows 10 laptop

JBegu.1
Associate

Hi all, I'm having a trouble programming my F303K8 board on my Windows 10 laptop. It will power on (LD2), but it will not connect to the computer (LD1 blinking slow red). The laptop does not detect any device being plugged or unplugged, there is nothing relating to ST-Link or ST in the Device Manager; Likewise there are no unknown devices. I have the "STSW-LINK009" driver installed. I have tried various micro USB cables and both USB ports present on the laptop computer. I'm at wit's end.

On my desktop computer, the board connects nicely, is detected by Windows, shows up in Windows Explorer as a mass storage device, and the onboard ST-Link can be communicated with. I have run the ST-Link firmware update executable available from ST and upgraded the Nucleo board's firmware, but that hasn't fixed my woes, either.

All of the results I get from researching this issue boils down to people not having installed the driver, broken boards or USB cables/PC ports etc, but none of those fixes have worked for me.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers!

0 REPLIES 0