cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in STM32CubeIDE v1.3.0 - tick mark and radio button not getting selected for SWV

User16782158065171037550
Associate III

We have a issue with STM32CubeIDE v1.3.0 - this version is an update form our previous bug report "Security Issue - installation on Ubuntu changes the owner:group of /etc"

Reproducible: yes

ST software: STM32CubeIDE v1.3.0 with patch for the previous bug

Please refer attached screenshot .png files:-

after_selection_swv.png

before_selection_swv.png

en_after_selection.png

en_before_selection.png

Tick marks and radio buttons are not highlighted in SWV settings window and

Debug Configurations -> GDB Server Command Line Options. Others work.

Functionality of SWV viewer works correctly, only the radio buttons and tick marks for the SWV settings don't work.

Please look into it and we need a fix for this issue.

Regards,

Milind

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi Milind,

I can re-produce the issues on Ubuntu20.04 on a virtual machine using CubeIDE 1.4.0.

On the same VM I try with CubeIDE 1.5.0 (next version currently under development). Running this version I can no longer reproduce the issue.

CubeIDE 1.5.0 _may_ come with some updated platform components (under validation). If we choose to use these component versions then there is a good chance problem is solved.

Furthermore, at this point we do not support Ubuntu 20.04 officially, in practice this means that all automatic validation is done on other Ubuntu 18.04 and some other OSes/flavors.

As always, thanks for reporting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi Milind,

I can re-produce the issues on Ubuntu20.04 on a virtual machine using CubeIDE 1.4.0.

On the same VM I try with CubeIDE 1.5.0 (next version currently under development). Running this version I can no longer reproduce the issue.

CubeIDE 1.5.0 _may_ come with some updated platform components (under validation). If we choose to use these component versions then there is a good chance problem is solved.

Furthermore, at this point we do not support Ubuntu 20.04 officially, in practice this means that all automatic validation is done on other Ubuntu 18.04 and some other OSes/flavors.

As always, thanks for reporting!

User16782158065171037550
Associate III

Hi Mattias,

Thanks for the update, shall wait for the updated CubeIDE 1.5.0.

Also tried CubeIDE 1.4.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, it works perfectly.

Regards,

Milind