cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample code for stm32f429 and Touchgfx with Keil

Hello All,

I have tried using stm32cube for making a basic project with stm32f429(igt6) series and Touchgfx for keil.

1) I wonder if touchgfx itself does the initialization of LCD or not? If not where should I add that?

2) How can I configure Ram? FMC for nand flash and RAM has been enabled in advance (not completeley configured).

3) Is there any working sample code available for these series?

11 REPLIES 11
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Please have a look at the documentation https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/touchgfx-hal-development/touchgfx-generator

Also, you will find the F429-DISCO and EVAL board Application Template available in TouchGFX Designer.

/Alexandre

Sorry but yours answer does'nt really solve the problem.

Some other engineer really helped me and all maters had solved. Maybe I will publish some video. There are some wonderful working tutorial in Persian.

I am having myself problem to to start a project with LCD. touchgfx itself does the initialization of LCD but when you open project from the MDK-ARM folder in Keil it will not compile, it throws bunch of errors.

I do not see that touchgfx would allow you to draw customs graphics. Which is a serious setback if you need to display incoming data.

The best option I see now is to use the drivers they have in this file en.stm32cubef4_v1-25-0 you download they are called BSP drivers. There are also a few examples which work in Keil (using those drivers) you can modify to your own use.

They did good boards but thye do not give you good video tutorial to learn it, you have to learn from other people on YouTube. This is why Ardunio is so popular becasue you can find all the code you need.

To tell the truth, I have been able to run Touchgfx on STM32F429IGT6 with the support of external RAM. As I said there is a complete tutorial in Persian. In case the tutor allow me, I will translate the video and publish it.

Please be more respectful when you reply to someone who's genuinely trying to help you. You didn't even state what part of the answer you didn't find useful.

Did you even bother to try the application template where all this work is already done for you?

/Martin

Sorry if I talked mean to you. I Didn't mean to bother anyone.

Well, since the board is a custom board, tried to change configuration to the board schematics, but unfortunately There was no success.

But thanks to nobel stm32cubemx and touchgfx developers, there was a nice easy handy way to my requests. Although there is absoloutely few and not enough documentation, it really get a lot of time if someone wants to start without help and use of pure documents. The Apps, Middlewares and developers are wonderful!, but documents and documenters are awful! What I mean about awful is that they doesnt learn and guide from scratch so that it can be used not for st boards only!

Back from vacation.

What's your status?

Evaluting EMWIN, Touchgfx and LVGL for final project. All of them has pros and cons. So far the awful was emwin. Although the most easy to handle was emwin.

BWeal.1
Associate

go in the market and found any library about fixed this issue I don't think so you will get any kind of information online because I had also face this issue and fixed the problem by an expert.

purenetworth