cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler throws warnings when using tochgfx library files

PBU
Associate III

The compiler throws warnings in touchgfx library files when compiling my project. I would like to know how to solve this. Will it create any issues? I'm using stm32cubeide and gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q4-major compiler.

8 REPLIES 8
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Please provide a thorough description of your issue before posting =) Now i have to ask you for a log or a printout of those warnings, and you have to write another post, and i have to write another post.

/Martin

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you share those warnings? What is your setup?

/Romain

PBU
Associate III

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ , @Romain DIELEMAN​ 

Description   Resource   Path   Location   Type

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Cell.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/canvas_widget_renderer   line 84   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Cell.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/canvas_widget_renderer   line 85   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Cell.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/canvas_widget_renderer   line 100   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Cell.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/canvas_widget_renderer   line 101   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   DragEvent.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/events   line 155   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   DragEvent.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/events   line 169   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Drawable.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx   line 566   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Types.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal   line 202   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Types.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal   line 216   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Types.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal   line 311   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Types.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal   line 312   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Types.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal   line 357   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'int16_t' {aka 'short int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Types.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal   line 358   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'uint16_t' {aka 'short unsigned int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Font.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx   line 74   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'uint16_t' {aka 'short unsigned int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Font.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx   line 88   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'uint16_t' {aka 'short unsigned int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Font.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx   line 116   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'uint16_t' {aka 'short unsigned int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   Font.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx   line 348   C/C++ Problem

conversion from 'int' to 'uint16_t' {aka 'short unsigned int'} may change value [-Wconversion]   LCD.hpp   /GUI_Lato-Debug@build/[Source directory]/middlewares/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/lcd   line 616   C/C++ Problem

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Could you provide the steps you did before compilation (open that software, generated from what, etc.) ? Also what board are you using ? Is it a custom board or a DISCO/EVAL board from ST ?

What kind of GUI are you trying to run ?

/Alexandre

MNapi
Senior II

follow this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42r4xXOnbo

I do not know which board you are using the problem is that CoubeIDE does not generate all files, you need manually copy and link files/directories

I got with my STM32F469 to a point that CubeIDE compiles without any problems but I still cannnot get the screen to display something. I am missing something simple I cannot find.

you need to study it for a year which is not an opption people would get discouraged or have a good video tutorial and you can have your board running next 30 min

Hi,

I'm using custom board with STM32H7 series controller, and designed UI using touchgfx designer. Copied the code generated by the designer to my project. Added all the necessary files to the project and it is running successfully. Only thing is compiler throws above warning in library files.

PBU
Associate III

I'm using custom board with STM32H7 series micro controller. Project is running successfully and displaying images. I'm not using CubeIDE for project creation. Designing GUI using touchgfx designer and manually configured all the necessary peripherals, copied the necessary files and libraries from touchgfx generated code, modified linker file. Only issue is compiler throws warning in library files when compiling.

Hi,

Im using touchgfx designer for UI design and copied all the necessary files from the designed and included in my project. Project is running without any issues and it is working as expected. Only thing is compiler is throwing above warnings while compiling.