cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in the beggining when compiling examples

AHern.21
Associate

My original problem is when I try to see a GUI example running, when I hit on "Run Simulator" the operation fails and in the detailed log appears the following message:

"Generate Assets

make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8

0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487

AllocationBase 0xC90000, BaseAddress 0xDC0000, RegionSize 0xCD000, State 0x2000

C:\TouchGFX\4.13.0\env\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

make: *** [assets] Error 1

simulator/gcc/Makefile:32: recipe for target 'assets' failed

Failed

Failed"

I tried with different application templates and UI templates but the error is the same.

I saw on other thread a possible solution:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BDmRZN/compilation-error-couldnt-reserve-space-for-cygwins-heap-win32-error-0

But it did not work for me to rebase msys-1.0.dll, here are the details:

I executed the same command as recommended but it did not work:

"editbin /rebase:base=0x50000000 msys-1.0.dll"

"msys-1.0.dll : fatal error LNK1342: failed to save a backup copy of the binary file to be edited"

Then I tried to execute it with msys-1.0.dll file which is contained in TouchGFX at C:\TouchGFX\4.13.0\env\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\msys-1.0.dll but it seems nothing happened because the problem remained.

I executed above commands from the Visual Studio command prompt as stated here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/reference/editbin-reference?view=vs-2019

Please help :( :sad_but_relieved_face:

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi. Do you have multiple msys.dlls in your path? From other tools.

I don't know for sure, I only have these in my path...

0693W000001sVifQAE.png

I formatted my computer a few days ago, I am recently installing everything again, so I don't have that many applications. Before formatting I had run TouchGFX and it worked properly.