cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approach for low power design

Jhern.1
Associate II

Hello,

My design must be very low power consuming. So, I am intended to reach 50 uA while waiting for a card by using the Tag detection mode.

Is there any other approach so as to decrease those 50 uA while waiting for a transponder?

Reagards, Ramon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the tag detection mode is supported in the ST25R95/CR95HF RFAL. It is demonstrated in the X-CUBE-NFC3 polling demo.

See AN3433 (Optimization of wake-up time and power consumption on ST25R95 and CR95HF devices) for detail information about low power mode.

For your information, the IRQ_OUT interrupt is raised by the ST25R95/CR95HF when exiting the low power mode (i.e. when a tag is in the operating field). This can be used to wake up the host MCU from its low power mode.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the tag detection mode is supported in the ST25R95/CR95HF RFAL. It is demonstrated in the X-CUBE-NFC3 polling demo.

See AN3433 (Optimization of wake-up time and power consumption on ST25R95 and CR95HF devices) for detail information about low power mode.

For your information, the IRQ_OUT interrupt is raised by the ST25R95/CR95HF when exiting the low power mode (i.e. when a tag is in the operating field). This can be used to wake up the host MCU from its low power mode.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.