cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix the [makefile:94: touch.elf] Error 1

MNapi
Senior II

I saw a guy on youtube doing project on disco board. So I though I would give a try myself I got latest CubeIDE and Touch GFX I am using 32F469I Discovery but I am getting this error

[makefile:94: touch.elf] Error 1

touch.elf section `ExtFlashSection' will not fit in region `FLASH'

: region `FLASH' overflowed by 147584 bytes

there is a lot of FLASH memory on the board how can it happen, I am only trying small demo one screen and one button.

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Double check the linker file to make sure it i using all 2MB of flash. Graphics take a lot of space.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MNapi
Senior II

this board has 16 Mbytes of flash, more than enough for one button. the problem with STM is that they have good boards but you have to learn from other people on youtube how to set it up. I saw guy setting up successfully another board on youtube so I though I would give try with this one which has better disply.

Oh, it’s external flash. I missed that. But the same advice applies. The compiler says your program is too big. Reduce the size by deleting some of it or using better optimization for size.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

There is nothing to delete, it is single button, it is the demo one simple screen from TouchGFX.

Do you have maybe a link to some video tutorial how to set it up ? ST has a lot of the demo programs with fancy graphics but no single example how to set it up.

I saw a few videos on youtube but different boards the setting do not apply to my board.

hs2
Senior

You should follow TDKs 1st advise and check/post your linker script. I guess the mapping of internal/external flash regions to the different sections is not as you want.