cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to flush the firmware in STM32F413RH custom board

VKart.1
Associate

Hello,

I could use DISCO-F413ZH (STM32F413ZH MCU) dev board to test some of the sensors. After successfully testing with dev board, I made custom board using STM32F413RH MCU. When I connect the custom board to computer, it detects as STM32 bootloader. However, when I used STM32Cube IDE, it is not recognizable. I could not program the board. It gives ST-Link error.

I have attached the screenshots. Could anyone help me to figure out what I am missing here.

what are we missing?, this is one STM32F413RHT6 with no memory attached.

Unable to program

Do we need some kind of bootloader to be able to experience the same behavior as with an STM development board (to be seen as an external drive)...

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

How are you connecting? SWD or usb dfu? Are you using an external st-link programmer?

Sounds like you’re just connexted to the usb dfu bootloader, which is not the st-link interface that stm32cubeide wants.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
VKart.1
Associate

We are trying with USB dfu way using a micro usb. We are not using an external st-link programmer. What changes I can make in my existing circuit?

Could you also say what kind of external st-link programmer you are talking about?