cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Nucleo G031K8 via ST Link

xpp07
Senior

I just bought a STM32G031K8 Nucleo, and when I connect it to ST-Link through Normal mode, the device is not recognized. It hangs, and ST Link throws the error shown in the picture. There should be a problem with Reset because it says it cannot reset the core.

However, the device gets recognized under Hot Plug mode.

Another thing is that the hardware reset button doesn't do anything.

I went to the schematic and User Manual for the Nucleo and saw that there's not pull down resistor on BOOT0 pin. In this micro SWCLK and BOOT0 functions share the same pin.

Any suggestions?

0693W000001sA32QAE.png

0693W000001sA37QAE.png

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

It's possible the NRST pin functionality got changed to a GPIO pin. In this case, the chip won't be reset by a low signal on that pin. Since you can connect via hot plug, check the NRST_MODE options byte.

BOOT0 not having a pulldown is something you can change via the solder bridge, or you can change the nBOOT0 option byte such that it is ignored.

Since you can connect via hot plug, it doesn't seem like there's much of a problem here. The G0 series is different than most since package sizes are small and pins are shared. You can decide how you want the pins to act and set the option bytes appropriately.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
xpp07
Senior

Thank you. I'm just confused because G0 shares BOOT0 and SWCLK functions in the same pin. I usually see that BOOT0 is pulled down to directly boot from Flash. In this case, if I program the micro via SWD, this mean SWCLK will dominate on the pin, and I don't need pull down resistor on that pin, right?

TDK
Guru

Depends on how it's configured. It sounds like currently SWD is active on that pin. Read about the option bytes I mentioned.

You will either need a pulldown or you will need to configure nBOOT0 to ignore the pin in order to boot from flash on startup.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".