cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsm6dso and lsm6dsox SW detection

YRakh.1
Associate II

We use two types of sensors for our dev: lsm6dso and lsm6dsox. It is necessary to detect the type of sensor SW (without opening the device). And it's difficult, because adress (we use i2c) is the same, Device Identification (Who am I) is the same for LSM6DSO and LSM6DSOX... and i can't imagine how to easy to detect it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I have confused. The progression 0-->4 indicates the part number evolution

STEVAL-MKI197V1 --> LSM6DSOX --> S4

STEVAL-MKI196V1 --> LSM6DSO --> S0

regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YRakh.1​ , since the sensors are very similar, you could distinguish them from the top marking. Can you please send me an image of them? No to easy to distinguish them via SW, because they differs only from MLC embedded digital feature (and it is not so easy to simply "enable" it...) Regards

YRakh.1
Associate II

0693W000001s6i1QAA.jpg0693W000001s6hwQAA.jpgthanks for the quick answer! here are the images:

Thank you @YRakh.1​ . Please condider the two-digit marking near the pin1 dot indicator

• marking S0 --> LSM6DSOX device
  • marking S4 --> LSM6DSO device

Regards

Mmm.. are you sure? i just checked STEVAL-MKI197V1 with LSM6DSOX and on this chip label is S4, but it is 100% LSM6DSOX (if datasheet is ok)

here S4 label:0693W000001s8RbQAI.jpg

probably you messed up the labeling?

Sorry, I have confused. The progression 0-->4 indicates the part number evolution

STEVAL-MKI197V1 --> LSM6DSOX --> S4

STEVAL-MKI196V1 --> LSM6DSO --> S0

regards

YRakh.1
Associate II

got it! thank you! (but to be honest I'm now not 100% sure)