cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H745ZI-Q unable to load a different program then demo

flyingchris
Associate II

Hi,

recently I switched from Arduino to Nucleo and now I wanted to play around with the H745ZI-Q and was following the step by step guide by st. Whenever I try to load a program to the mcu, only the demo blinky program is running. I have not found any advice in the user manual. Is there something I'm missing?

I use the CN1 USB Connector to connect to my PC and Putty works fine to get data. It's just that any program I try to load to the board does not change anything about the demo thats just keeps running.

Thanks for any advice.

8 REPLIES 8

If you download the into the flash for the CM7 core it should run that.

Attached is a not-the-demo .HEX file that can be written with STM32 Cube Programmer applications, and outputs via the VCP at 115200 8N1

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I'm sorry but this went straight over my head. I'm currently using the CubeIDE. I guess I can't use the CubeIDE to load a new program onto the board but have to use the Cube Programmer you suggested? I'm asking because the online tutorials I saw regarding the 64pin boards just used the IDE and the Programmer was not suggested in the official ST educational examples.

I don't use CubeIDE and OpenOCD tools. Keil is certainly capable of flashing code directly after compilation.

You should be able to download-and-run.

The use of STM32 Cube Programmer was suggested as a way of confirming things could actually be downloaded properly, and would run different code.

It could perhaps be a problem that you're not replacing the software for both cores, but only one.

Thank you alot. I figgured it out because of you. It seems to be right that I only flash one of the cores. Would have never figgured that out on my own. Thanks for your time. Just a quick question: I can't disable one of the cores right?

There are multiple options, including which start, and which need to be started by the other.

It can get quite complicated and the tools are catching up. The way the design is architected the CM4 was expected to do most of the mundane IO

flyingchris
Associate II

So I tested one of the ways to disable one of the cores. I disabled the boot of the CM7 core with cubeProgrammer. However now I cant connect to the board and get a fail.txt. The usual fix with STM32 ST-Link Utility also does not work. Any ideas?

So I tested one of the ways to disable one of the cores. I disabled the boot of the CM7 core with cubeProgrammer. However now I cant connect to the board and get a fail.txt. The usual fix with STM32 ST-Link Utility also does not work. Any ideas?