cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain the dwarf2 file to simulate with proteus isis

VRami.1
Associate III

Hi all, I'm trying to simulate a project made in STM32Cube IDE for an STM32F103C6 in proteus ISIS but for debug purposes labcenter's people says that I need the .elf file and the dwarf2 file (both of them in the same folder), then I' found that GCC for STM32Cube IDE generates the dwarf 2 file with the option -gdwarf-2 what I've put in Project Properties -> Build steps and in the pre-build command I've wrote the command -gdwarf-2, it didn't worked so I've changed the command to the post-build commands in the same tab. I've also noted that in Tool Settings are several options for what I think is to choose the type of dwarf file that is going to be made during compilation but the only options are none, minimal (-g1), default (g) and maximum (-g3).

After I did this the output of the compilations shows the following message:

20:27:10 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Cubex ****

make -j4 all 

gdwarf-2

make (e=3): El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada.

make[1]: [makefile:81: pre-build] Error 3 (ignored)

arm-none-eabi-size  Cubex.elf 

text  data  bss  dec  hex filename

16752   20  1796 18568  4888 Cubex.elf

Finished building: default.size.stdout

20:27:28 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 17s.509ms)

I think this means that it couldn't make the dwarf2 file due the message "El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada" (The system can not find the specified path).

Can anyone help me and explain how to obtain the needed files. Thanks in advance for the help.

2 REPLIES 2

Dupe https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000BL1YmSAL/how-to-obtain-the-dwarf2-file-to-simulate-with-proteus-isis

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Sorry, I was thinking that it was another kind of forum.