cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi!I am designing a microcontroller(STM32F405RGT6) circuit board with a minimal configuration. Is this a normal circuit that I developed? The microcontroller will be uploaded firmware on USART1. BOOT1 and BOOT0 are connected to jumpers.

PYaro.1
Associate

Please show me my design mistakes. I was guided by AN4488. The electrical circuit is attached in the files below in pdf or jpeg format

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Values for C12/C13 seem pretty low. Typical values are more like 10-20pF. Going to depend on what X1 is.

L1 seems odd. I can maybe see it being included if there's a long wire between VDD and this board. But if your VDD rail generation is right next to the chip, I'd remove it. If you're trying to filter for analog reasons, then L1 should be between VDD and VDDA. It'll probably run fine like this though.

Seems fine otherwise.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

Values for C12/C13 seem pretty low. Typical values are more like 10-20pF. Going to depend on what X1 is.

L1 seems odd. I can maybe see it being included if there's a long wire between VDD and this board. But if your VDD rail generation is right next to the chip, I'd remove it. If you're trying to filter for analog reasons, then L1 should be between VDD and VDDA. It'll probably run fine like this though.

Seems fine otherwise.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".