cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to communicate with Unicleo-GUI using USB virtual COM port on STM322F446RE.

Rajesh1
Associate II

We are able to retrieve microphone sensor data and view on Unicleo-GUI using serial port on STM32F446RE.

While trying to port the microphone sensor data to USB virtual COM port the Unicleo-GUI is not responding.

It is observed the data is not received on USB virtual COM port (i.e) interrupt is not generated on USB virtual COM port.

Awaiting for support from forum.

-Regards,

Rajesh K.

4 REPLIES 4
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello Rajesh,

Unicleo-GUI doesn't support displaying microphone data (audio).

Rajesh1
Associate II

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for your response.

We have downloaded sample application [Microphone FFT] from ST and able to port the microphone FFT data to Unicleo-GUI.

We are able to test and view the frequency domain data on Unicleo-GUI.

The sample application uses serial port to communicate with Unicleo-GUI.

Now we would like to use USB-FS in virtual COM port mode in place of serial port to communicate with Unicleo-GUI.

We are not able to receive any data on USB when we replaced USB virtual COM port in place of serial port.

Not able to understand, what we are missing.

Regards,

Rajesh K.

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Oh, I see. I though you want to see all data coming from microphone in Unicleo-GUI.

Concerning your problem, Is the virtual COM port recognized by Windows?

Can you try some simple communication with terminal (send and receive character)?

To be able to communicate with Unicleo-GUI you must use the proper protocol, which is for example in the Microphone FFT application.

Rajesh1
Associate II

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for your quick response.

Virtual COM port is identified by Windows.

We are able to send and receive normal data between MCU[STM32F446RE] and Teraterm, using USB configured as virtual COM port.

We are trying to port the Unicleo-GUI interface from serial port to USB.

We are trying to update following function in com.c to achieve porting.

UART_ReceivedMSG();

UART_SendMsg();

Please let us know the protocol details to debug and identify what we are missing.

Regards,

Rajesh K.