cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32CubeIDE 1.3.1] How to remove "--specs=nano.specs" option for GCC assembler arm-none-eabi-as.exe ?

Karl1
Associate

In my STM32CubeIDE version 1.3.1 Build: 6291_20200406_0752 (UTC), the IDE automatically added the "--specs=nano.specs" for the GCC assembler.

However, the GCC assembler doesn't recognized the "--specs=nano.specs" option.

I want to remove or disable the "--specs=nano.specs" for the GCC assembler as.

My STM32 mcu is ARM cortex-m4 STM32WB55.

My EVB is STM32WB55 Nucleo Pack.

The GCC assembler version is  GNU assembler version 2.30.0 (arm-none-eabi) using BFD version (GNU Tools for STM32 7-2018-q2-update.20190328-1800) 2.30.0.20180329

The build error message is as following.

make all 

arm-none-eabi-as -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -g -c --specs=nano.specs -mfloat-abi=soft -mthumb -o "MDK-ARM/startup_stm32wb55xx_cm4.o" "../MDK-ARM/startup_stm32wb55xx_cm4.s"

arm-none-eabi-as: unrecognized option `--specs=nano.specs'

make: *** [MDK-ARM/subdir.mk:15: MDK-ARM/startup_stm32wb55xx_cm4.o] Error 1

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Thanks.

Karl

2 REPLIES 2
berendi
Principal

How did you end up with CubeIDE calling arm-none-eabi-as instead of arm-none-eabi-gcc? AFAIK it should invoke

arm-none-eabi-gcc -x assembler-with-cpp

instead, which would recognize but ignore --specs.

Anyway, if it has to remain that way with arm-none-eabi-as, try to switch off --specs=nano.specs in the MCU Settings dialog, and add it back under Linker / Miscellaneous / Other flags.

Hi Berendi,

Thanks. I will try the "arm-none-eabi-gcc " as assembler.

I compose a GNU Makefile to build  STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.7.0\...\BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS application. It built OK but it cannot bootup normally.

I import the Makefile and BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS into STM32CubeIDE version 1.3.1 for debugging. Then the STM32CubeIDE got some java Null string errors in  MCU Settings dialog.

I am trying to fix these error.

Karl