cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STDC14 to ARM10 Ribbon Cable Part Number

Hi,

I have an STLINK-V3SET that came with an STDC14 to ARM10 ribbon cable. Our sensors use the standard 10-pin connector instead of the extended 14-pin connector that comes with things like virtual UART.

We'd like to use the STLINK-V3MINI to program our circuit boards, however that probe only comes with STDC14 to STDC14. In the STLINK-V3SET manual, it says the 14-to-10 cable is "Samtec ASP-203799-02", however much Googling, searching through DigiKey and searching through Samtec's site has turned up nothing about this part.

I'm hoping someone else here has gone through this and found a compatible part number. Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

You can plug the 14-pin cable into a 10-pin header unless the header shroud blocks it. The central 10 pins are common between the two and the key prevents them from mating incorrectly.

Or you can buy a IDC header (e.g. Harwin M50-3300542) and crimp it onto the central 10 wires in the IDC cable.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

There are eBay / Etsy vendors with the 1.27mm (0.05) pitch 2x5 (10-pin) ribbon cable assemblies. Ask if they can make some with 14-pin connects on one end

AdaFruit might be open to creating them too, and shouldn't be too difficult to DIY

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CMonr.1
Associate II

I'm having trouble with this too. The 10- and 20-pin connectors referenced in the STLINK V3 manual ("ASP-203799-02" and "ASP-203800-02") simply don't exist anywhere. (I'm guessing ST got a custom part number from Samtec for their large volume orders to make these V3's, and whoever put it in the manual didn't realize this.)

The 10- and 20-pin ribbon cable connectors look exactly like the 14-pin connector (Samtec "FFSD-07-D-05.90-01-N-R") just shorter/longer. So if you want to be certain they mate properly then look at the parts in the Samtec FFSD series and pick one with the right pin count.