cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 driver for Linear motor (PMLSM)

MEdwa.1
Associate II

is there any resource on using ST device for permanent magnet linear synchronous machines (PMLSMs)?

It's possible to use a single BLDC chip to connect the linear coils in parallel sets of 3 but what do do when it comes to Hall or sensorless feedback?

Appreciate any thoughts or experience on the topic.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear MEdwa.1

Do you have still this problem to solve?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

MEdwa.1
Associate II

Thanks for following up Laurent,

Yes, we are currently working on this application (with other vendors). If ST has expertise/solutions in this area I'd like to include in our selection.

Please do reach out to me or provide details of the ST rep I should connect with.

thanks,

Mark.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about the material you use (HW and SW, tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Panometric
Associate III
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

Any news?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

As you do not answer, I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this thread closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Panometric
Associate III

@Laurent Ca...​ 

@Community member​ and I are both asking what seems like a simple question and not getting an answer. Also this is a public forum where people come to share solutions, so the questions should be answered regardless. What ST products support PMLSM s? If there are none right now, please just say so.

Laurent 

I've asked multiple times for help on this topic, and asked you to connect me with the right people in ST to support but have yet to get any information, or contact or follow up.

Please do follow up with me directly.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Panometric​ 

I'm sorry, but as @Community member​  is not responding to his thread (this one), I still consider this thread closed, if not, he may feel free to write it here.

But don't worry, the thread you created elsewhere is still open, and I'm going to take a look at it, although my answer probably won't make you very happy.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...