cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about STM32CubeIDE...

HTajb.1
Associate III

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am going to install STM32CUBEIDE_1.3.0_5720(Windows based) on my system .In the initial phase of installing ,I was asked to choose or select :

SEGER J-Link drivers

ST-LINK drivers

ST-LINK servers

For your further info, it should be mentioned that: I installed before: "STM32 ST-Link Utility" (last version from ST website) on my computer to use ST-Link V2 programmer .

Do I really need to choose and select: SEGER J-Link drivers,ST-LINK drivers,ST-LINK servers

on my system?Were they installed by "STM32 ST-Link Utility previously" on my system or NOT?If I install them,will I face any conflict or problem with my computer?

I really appreciate your attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matte
Associate II

Hi,

Which package you choose to install is up to you and which use cases you expect to work when it comes to debug/flash operation inside CubeIDE.

If you expect debug to work, you should however install all of them. OK, you can skip SEGGER if you know that you will not use a SEGGER probe nor the ST-LINK on-board SEGGER firmware. Then this package is ~110MByte. So maybe not an issue to install...

To my knowledge, there has not been any reports of conflicts between the drivers bundled with CubeProg / St-LINK Utility / CubeIDE. So I would simply rely on the CubeIDE bundled stuff which I assume may be of later version.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
matte
Associate II

Hi,

Which package you choose to install is up to you and which use cases you expect to work when it comes to debug/flash operation inside CubeIDE.

If you expect debug to work, you should however install all of them. OK, you can skip SEGGER if you know that you will not use a SEGGER probe nor the ST-LINK on-board SEGGER firmware. Then this package is ~110MByte. So maybe not an issue to install...

To my knowledge, there has not been any reports of conflicts between the drivers bundled with CubeProg / St-LINK Utility / CubeIDE. So I would simply rely on the CubeIDE bundled stuff which I assume may be of later version.

HTajb.1
Associate III

Thank you matte for your reply .