cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G Development Board does not work with Graphic Application for IDE, Could you advise what can be the problem?

RCamp.1
Associate

STM32CubeIDE doesn't generate the correct code when the Grphic application option is enabled. I tried with many configurations but seems like there is not generated the correct code to have the LCD properly enabled. If you see the attached image tje code related with TouchGFX is showing error. No sure if I need to configure other things, but file .ioc is not showing any mistake. In previous version there was not present this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Which version of CubeIDE, which version of the CubeF7 firmware is used int this project? STM32Cube FW_F7 V1.15.0?

What are the build errors that you get?

I will re-tag the topic with TouchGFX and CubeMX tag since I think that the issues are rather "code generation" related. Let's see if we can get some feedback from these support guys.

@Martin KJELDSEN​ , any known issues?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I need more to go on. What does "doesn't generate correct code" mean? Are you trying to do this from scratch? LTDC GPIO pin configuration, QSPI, RAM etc? One big thing that's jumping out at me is your "Custom" display interface rather than Parallel RGB/LTDC - That means you want to write all the code yourself rather than having it generated for you (one would do this for a MCU with no LCD Controller and a custom SPI display, for instance).

By F746G Development board, do you mean STM32F746G-DISCO? Use the Application template from TouchGFX Designer (4.13.0 currently) and we did all that work for you. You can open the .ioc file from a designer project and look at the configurations for inspiration.

/Martin

RCamp.1
Associate

Thank you guys for check this. As always one question generate more questions than answers, so lets to work on this, Could you let me know how to check those firmware version in order to provide the correct information ?

In regards to try to do this from scratch, I can say not, because I just using the automatic code generator, no changes or implementation are tried. So configuration for QSPI, RAM, etc are not defined from side.

As I mention I'm using the STM32F746G-DISCO Development Board, Do you know where I can find a Manual to generate the first applicaction, I'm really new, and I want to know how to create a button and turn on/off a LED.

I appreciate your support.

RaulC